April 5, 2012
April 5 (Today) Water Commission Meeting - The Long Beach Board of Water Commissioners meets at 9 a.m. at its administration building, 1800 E. Wardlow Rd., to discuss: the design, printing and mailing services associated with the annual consumer confidence reports; the construction of new potable water, reclaimed water and sewer mains for the Douglas Park Segment 6 Bayer Avenue Development; and more. For more information, visit http://www.lbwater.org.
April 5 (Today) Long Beach Planning Commission - The Long Beach Planning Commission meets at 5 p.m. at City Hall to discuss approving a local coastal development permit and an on-site alcohol sales conditional use permit for Buffalo Wild Wings, a proposed restaurant at 6310 E. Pacific Coast Hwy. For more information, visit http://lbds.info/planning.
April 6-7 Downtown Street Closures For 2012 Formula Drift - Various streets will close to thru traffic for the 2012 Formula Drift competition from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Seaside Way will be closed at Collins and Marina Way (eastern end). Shoreline Drive will be closed from Alamitos to Shoreline Village Drive. Linden will be closed at both Shoreline Drive and Seaside Way. Pine Avenue will remain open. For more information, call the Long Beach Office of Special Events and Filming at 562/570-5347.
April 9 Cultural Heritage Commission - The Long Beach Cultural Heritage Commission meets at 5:30 p.m. at City Hall. The agenda is forthcoming. For more information, visit http://www.lbds.info/planning/historic_preservation/cultural_heritage_commission.asp
April 10 No City Council Meeting - There is no Long Beach City Council meeting due to the 2012 Primary Nominating Election. The next regular meeting is April 17. For more information, visit http://www.longbeach.gov/council.
April 12 Parks And Recreation Commission - The Long Beach Parks and Recreation Commission meets at 9 a.m. at the El Dorado Park West Community Center Senior Center Library, 2800 Studebaker Rd. For more information, call 562/570-3170 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• April 10: The City of Long Beach holds its 2012 Primary Nominating Election. For voter information, visit http://www.longbeach.gov/elections.
Business Meetings And Other Events:
• April 5: Downtown Long Beach Associates Executive Committee meeting, 8 a.m., Hilton Hotel Pacific Conference Room. Visit http://www.downtownlongbeach.org.
• April 6: The Bixby Knolls Business Improvement Association hosts its “First Fridays” event. Visit http://www.firstfridayslongbeach.com for a full list of participating neighborhood businesses or stop by Bella Cosa, 3803 Atlantic Ave., from 6:30-8 p.m. for information regarding the event, including maps, business info and restaurant recommendations.
• April 8: Parkers' Lighthouse hosts a special Easter brunch from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The champagne brunch buffet includes unlimited champagne and mimosas, as well as a plethora of fresh seafood, salads, sweets and a carving station. To RSVP, call 562/432-6500.
• April 10: The Long Beach Area Chamber of Commerce hosts “Good Afternoon Long Beach Business Networking Lunch,” 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Forbidden City Restaurant. Register at http://www.lbchamber.com/events or by e-mailing email@example.com.
• April 10: Women's Business Council hosts a small business roundtable discussion from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Environ Architecture, 100 Oceangate, Suite F-200, on conflict resolution, featuring a presentation by mediator Daniel Johnson. Call 562/495-7110 x225 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• April 11: Long Beach City College (LBCC) hosts an information session for the 10,000 Small Businesses Program, 9:30-11 a.m., LBCC. RSVP at 562/938-5054 or by e-mailing email@example.com.
• April 12: The Queen Mary and the Long Beach Chamber host the first Long Beach Business Expo in the ship's Grand Salon from 4-9 p.m. Tickets are $15. Visit http://www.queenmary.com/LB-Business-Expo.aspx.
• April 28: St. Mary Medical Center and St. Anthony High School host the third annual SAINTS Run 5K to benefit the school’s students in need of financial aid, 8 a.m., Belmont Pier. Cost to pre-register on or before April 25 is $15 for participants 18 years old and under, $30 for participants 19 years old and over. Register at http://www.longbeachsaints.org.
Want Morning Coffee to be delivered directly to your inbox?
Then, just fill in your Name and Email Address in the above fields to be added as a Morning Coffee subscriber!