April 30, 2012
April 30 (Today) Harbor Commission Meeting - The Long Beach Board of Harbor Commissioners meets at 1 p.m. at the port administration building, 925 Harbor Plaza. The agenda is forthcoming. For more information, visit http://www.polb.com.
May 1 City Council Meeting - The Long Beach City Council meets at 5 p.m. at City Hall to discuss: purchasing an interactive budget software program for the city’s fiscal year 2013 budget and exploring a possible partnership with Long Beach news media in hosting an online interactive budgeting tool; developing a policy for dealing with revenues realized above projections from ongoing revenue sources; creating a golf advisory committee; and more. For more information, visit http://www.longbeach.gov/council.
May 3 Water Commission Meeting - The Long Beach Board of Water Commissioners meets at 9 a.m. at its administration building, 1800 E. Wardlow Rd. The agenda is forthcoming. For more information, visit http://www.lbwater.org.
May 3 Planning Commission Meeting - The Long Beach Planning Commission meets at 5 p.m. at City Hall. The agenda is forthcoming. For more information, visit http://www.lbds.info/planning.
Campaign 2012 Events:
May 3: The Belmont Heights Community Association and the League of Women Voters of Long Beach Area host a candidates forum for the 47th Congressional District seat, 7-9 p.m., Rogers Middle School Auditorium. Call 562/221-5518 or 562/438-5478.
Business Meetings And Other Events:
• May 1: The Long Beach Area Chamber of Commerce hosts its “Good Afternoon Long Beach” business networking lunch with a presentation regarding conducting business in China, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Forbidden City Restaurant. RSVP at http://www.lbchamber.com/events or by e-mailing email@example.com.
• May 1: The Lakewood Toastmasters club hosts an open house with tips on public speaking and leadership development, 6:30 p.m., San Martin Park community center, 5231 Ocana Ave. in Lakewood. Visit http://www.1497.toastmastersclubs.org.
• May 2: The Long Beach Community Business Network hosts its monthly luncheon with Leticia Valadez of Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., The Center Long Beach. Visit http://www.lbcbn.com/events.cfm.
• May 2: Councilmember Patrick O’Donnell hosts “Chat with Pat,” 4:30-6 p.m., Los Altos Library. Visit http://www.longbeach.gov/district4.
• May 3: The Los Angeles County Bar Association International Law Section hosts a conference on the current legal and business developments in global trade with panel speakers from the Port of Long Beach (POLB), local government agencies and international trade attorneys, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., POLB administration building, 925 Harbor Plaza. Register at http://www.onlinestore.lacba.org/calendar.
• May 5: The fourth annual BikeFest Tour of Long Beach brings cycling-related fun and festivities downtown. Events include four bike rides for different skill levels, as well as a Finish Line Festival taking place from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the corner of Shoreline Drive and Pine Avenue. Proceeds go towards supporting pediatric cancer research at Miller Children’s Hospital Long Beach. Register for a bike ride at http://www.bikefestlb.com.
• May 5: Councilmember Rae Gabelich hosts an “E-Waste Drive and Shred Fest,” 9 a.m. to noon, Scherer Park. Call 562/570-6685 or visit http://www.longbeach.gov/district8.
• May 7: The Bixby Knolls Business Improvement Association hosts its monthly supper club, 6:30 p.m., Aura Thai & Bella Pizza. RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want Morning Coffee to be delivered directly to your inbox?
Then, just fill in your Name and Email Address in the above fields to be added as a Morning Coffee subscriber!