May 28, 2012
An online survey developed to better understand business owners' experiences with the City of Long Beach has been made public by the Long Beach Council of Business Associations. Complete the survey by visiting http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/cobasurvey.
May 28 (Today) National Moment Of Remembrance - To honor individuals who died in service to the United States, pause for one minute in an act of national unity during the National Moment of Remembrance at 3 p.m. To find additional Memorial Day events near you, visit http://www.calvet.ca.gov.
May 29 No City Council Meeting - There is no Long Beach City Council meeting on May 29. The next regular meeting is June 12. For more information, visit http://www.longbeach.gov/council.
June 4 Harbor Commission Meeting - The Long Beach Board of Harbor Commissioners meets at 5 p.m. at its administration building, 925 Harbor Plaza. The agenda is forthcoming. Beginning June 4, the commission will switch from meeting three times a month to twice-monthly meetings held on the first and third Monday of each month, with one meeting during the day and the other in the evening. The new schedule is designed to give commissioners and the public more time to review agenda items and increase public participation. For more information, visit http://www.polb.com.
June 5 Election Day - The City of Long Beach conducts elections for the 4th District City Council runoff, state and federal primaries and state Propositions 28 and 29. For more election information, visit http://www.longbeach.gov/cityclerk/elections.
June 7 Long Beach Commercial Real Estate Council Annual Luncheon - The Long Beach Commercial Real Estate Council (LBCREC) hosts the “2012 LBCREC Annual Luncheon” from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at The Westin Long Beach, 333 E. Ocean Blvd., for a panel discussion with members of the commercial real estate industry regarding developments and commercial projects in Southern California. Tickets are $55 for LBCREC members and $65 for non-members. For more information regarding the event, sponsorship or to purchase tickets, visit http://www.lbcrec.com.
Business Meetings And Other Events:
• May 28: Through Memorial Day, May 28, The Queen Mary offers complimentary First Class Passports to military veterans. Individuals must show military I.D. or wear a military uniform to receive offer. Call 80/437-2934 or visit http://www.queenmary.com.
• May 30: North Long Beach Business Association meeting, 8:30-10:30 a.m., Houghton Park. Visit http://www.longbeach.gov/district9.
• June 1: Newcomb Academy hosts a “goodbye” celebration with food trucks and music to honor the campus that is being torn down, 2:30-6:30 p.m., Newcomb Academy. Call 562/493-3596.
• June 1: Councilmember James Johnson hosts “First Books at First Fridays” with guest readers Gillian Klinkert, Duchess of Bixby Knolls, and Lance Johnson, a 3rd grade student from Longfellow Elementary School, 5:30-6:30 p.m., Dana Branch Library. Call 562/570-7777.
• June 3: Autism in Long Beach hosts its second annual “Bully Free Zone Picnic” with special guest Councilmember Steven Neal, noon, Houghton Park. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• June 6: Councilmember Patrick O’Donnell hosts “Chat with Pat,” 4:30-6 p.m., Los Altos Library. Visit http://www.longbeach.gov/district4.
Want Morning Coffee to be delivered directly to your inbox?
Then, just fill in your Name and Email Address in the above fields to be added as a Morning Coffee subscriber!