ABOUT THE LONG BEACH BUSINESS JOURNAL
To Reach Us
2599 East 28th Street, Suite 212
Signal Hill, California 90755-2139
Office hours: M-F, 8:30-5:30
Business Journal Staff
George Economides, Publisher
lb.journal [at] verizon.net
Michael Watkins, Sales & Marketing Executive
michael_watkins [at] lbbj.com
Heather Dann, Sales & Marketing Assistant
heather_dann [at] lbbj.com
Thomas McConville, Photojournalist
thomas_mcconville [at] lbbj.com
Samantha Mehlinger, Staff Writer
samantha_mehlinger [at] lbbj.com
Brandon Ferguson, Staff Writer
brandon_ferguson [at] lbbj.com
distribution [at] lbbj.com
advertising [at] lbbj.com
The Long Beach Business Journal is a publication of South Coast Publishing, Inc., incorporated in the State of California in July 1985. The Business Journal is a tabloid newspaper, published biweekly - every other Tuesday. It has served as the "voice of business" since its premiere edition in March 1987. It covers a wide range of business and community issues, with special focuses on international trade, real estate and development, healthcare, tourism, aviation and aerospace, technology, financial services, the arts, education and the environment. Additionally, the Business Journal editorial team tracks local, state and national legislation impacting business and keeps its readers informed about City Hall actions.
To present accurate, well written and informative articles that make readers think. To challenge city leaders to do what is best for the city as a whole. To encourage residents and businesspeople to speak up and share their opinions on issues impacting the city's well being.
Most copies are distributed within the cities of Long Beach and Signal Hill, with additional circulation in Carson and the community of San Pedro, the Mid-Cities Area and West Orange County. Its readers represent a higher-end market that includes business owners, presidents and CEOs, senior executives, public sector managers and area residents – many of whom live in Long Beach but work in Downtown Los Angeles, the South Bay or Orange County. Readership survey available.
- Press releases may be faxed or e-mailed (see below).
- Please, no phone calls about press releases.
- Since the Business Journal is published every other Tuesday, press releases about events should be sent 30 days in advance of event date.
Other Publications Of South Coast Publishing
- Destinations, inaugurated in May 2004, is a monthly magazine reaching conventioneers and tourists to the Long Beach area. It is distributed in-room or at the concierge of nearly every hotel and motel in Long Beach, San Pedro and Seal Beach. It has exclusive distribution inside the Aquarium of the Pacific, the entrance to the Long Beach Arena and at Catalina Express Terminals, among others. Call 562/988-9357 for more information.
- The Employee Times, inaugurated in July 1995, is a monthly magazine reaching Boeing employees through lunch rooms, lobbies, gates, etc., in Southern California, including company facilities in Long Beach, Seal Beach, Huntington Beach, El Segundo, Palmdale, Irvine, Anaheim, etc. Call 562/988-5758 for more information.
These Values Govern All That We Do
- Our readers come first
- Our foremost standard of conduct is integrity
- Every employee is a team member and contributes to our success individually and collectively
- We are committed to the communities in which we live and work
- We realize the value in actively recruiting, developing and mentoring talented individuals of diverse cultures and backgrounds
- We reserve the right to refuse any advertisement that we deem inappropriate, misleading or contrary to the highest ethical standards of business