By Business Journal Staff
May 22, 2012 - One of this issue’s feature stories is about how dogs have proven to offer health benefits to their owners, such as reducing blood pressure and anxiety. To read the story, click here: Man’s Best Friend.
The section also includes photos of eight local leaders and their dogs. It was prepared by Editorial Assistant Katie Musso, with photographs by Thomas McConville:
Justin Rudd with Riley and Blair Cohn with Annie
Justin Rudd, left, founder and executive director of the nonprofit Community Action Team, with his 6-year-old English Bulldog, Riley, and Blair Cohn, executive director, Bixby Knolls Business Improvement Association with his English Bulldog, Annie, who turns 4 next month. Photographed at Rosie’s Dog Beach, at the water between Roycroft and Argonne avenues.
Robert Garcia with Anakin
First District Councilmember Robert Garcia with his 4-year-old Pomeranian, Anakin. Photographed at the K-9 Corner Dog Park at 9th Street and Pacific Avenue.
F. King Alexander with Bailey
California State University, Long Beach President F. King Alexander with his Labrador Retriever, Bailey, who turns 2 on May 30.
Paul Buchanan with Ziggy and Dasher
Chef Paul Buchanan, owner of Primal Alchemy Catering, with Ziggy, a 14-year-old Dachshund, left, and Dasher, a 2 1/2-year-old Dachshund mix.
Janice Maize with Maximus, Remus and Romulus
Janice Maize, vice president of wealth management and senior investment management consultant at The Maize Tuebner Maize Group of Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, with her three Pugs, from left: 7-year-old Maximus; 5-year-old Remus; and 5-year-old Romulus.
Jim Eaton with Lucky and Cami
Jim Eaton, founder and CEO of Long Beach-based Kingdom Partner Solutions, with Lucky, a 7-year-old German Shepherd mix, left, and Cami, a 4-year-old Rottweiler mix.
Ryan Choura with Chance
Ryan Choura, owner of Choura Events, with his 1-year-old Havanese, Chance.
Lisa Ramelow with Kyle
Lisa Ramelow, owner of La Strada Italiano in Belmont Shore, with her 13-year-old shepherd mix, Kyle.
The Latest News
- 2013 Aquarium of the Pacific 15th Anniversary Publication
- Long Beach Councilmembers Vote To Sue Over Railway Project
- Commercial Real Estate Council Annual Luncheon June 6
- Post Office Assures Service Standards At Long Beach Mail Processing Facility Will Remain High
- Airport Reps: City College Did Not Reach Out Prior To Cutting Aviation Program
- Governor May Use Carbon Auction Monies As Loan To General Fund
- Long Beach Fire Department To Move Forward With Training For ‘Rapid Medic Deployment’ Pilot Program
- Community Meeting May 22 For Draft Mobility Element
- Long Beach Medical Marijuana Advocates Continue Effort To Repeal City Ban Despite State High Court Ruling