Long Beach Business Journal Year In Review
Top Photos Of 2012
(in no particular order; as selected by Business Journal photojournalist Thomas McConville)
December 31st, 2012 – The Long Beach Business Journal “Year In Review” spotlights the top newsmakers, news stories and photos of 2012, plus a look ahead to what local issues we’ll be watching closely in 2013. The seven-part series began December 24 and concludes January 1. Let us know what you think should or should not have made the lists.
The Aquarium of the Pacific welcomed more than a dozen Magellanic Penguins with the opening of its new permanent exhibit, the June Keyes Penguin Habitat, on May 17.
Long Beach artist Shyamala Moorty uses art, dance, theatre and writing to express her passion for social justice and human rights.
The USS Iowa, built in 1940 and used in World War II, was docked at the Port of Los Angeles in July to become a battleship museum.
Long Beach Mayor Bob Foster laughs during his annual interview with the Long Beach Business Journal in September.
The Royal Australian Air Force received its sixth C-17 Globemaster III from Boeing on November 1 during ceremonies in Long Beach.
The Long Beach Airport held a ribbon cutting ceremony on December 6 to unveil its new terminal, including the Long Beach Business Journal News & Gifts Shop.
Therapy Dog Volunteer Alan Shadbourne and his 12-year-old Australian Shepherd, Cruz, visit 12-year-old patient John Rocha at Miller Children’s Hospital Long Beach.
On January 20, Long Beach city officials, business owners and residents gathered to celebrate the grand opening of Southern California’s first parklet at Lola’s Mexican Cuisine on 4th Street.
Father John Roll reads from the holy book at the Assumption of the Virgin Mary Greek Orthodox Church in Long Beach. 2012 marked the church's 75th anniversary.
Perched on his old lifeguard chair, Press-Telegram columnist Tim Grobaty poses reminiscent of an idol. Grobaty told the Business Journal that his idol is liberal commentator Rachel Maddow.
The Latest News
- Commercial Real Estate Council Annual Luncheon June 6
- Post Office Assures Service Standards At Long Beach Mail Processing Facility Will Remain High
- Airport Reps: City College Did Not Reach Out Prior To Cutting Aviation Program
- Governor May Use Carbon Auction Monies As Loan To General Fund
- Long Beach Fire Department To Move Forward With Training For ‘Rapid Medic Deployment’ Pilot Program
- Long Beach Councilmembers Vote To Sue Over Railway Project
- Community Meeting May 22 For Draft Mobility Element
- Long Beach Medical Marijuana Advocates Continue Effort To Repeal City Ban Despite State High Court Ruling
- Hats Off To Chris Lytle And The Port Staff