2 Girls Bike Shop

December 4, 2012 – Eleven-year-old Bailey Johnson, left, and her sister Harley Johnson, age 13, opened their first business together on August 18. The business is called 2 Gurls Bike Shop, located at 2746 E. Broadway in Long Beach. The girls designed the shop’s logo, which is available on shirts, hats, totes and hoodies sold at the shop. 2 Gurls Bike Shop offers bikes for sale, including beach cruisers, fixies, road bikes and tandems, as well as skateboards. Bike accessories for sale include carry grips, bells, locks, seats, racks, helmets, baskets, drink holders and bike tools. The shop also rents bicycles and offers bicycle repair services. On Sundays, the sisters hold bicycle repair and safety classes for the community. “I’ve been married for 15 years to a wonderful woman, and I always wanted two daughters,” the girls’ father, Anthony Johnson, told the Business Journal. “I was lucky to be blessed with two nice daughters, and it’s been a great joy working with them.” The girls helped their father start his business, 404 Bike Sales and Rentals, four years ago. “If it weren’t for them, I wouldn’t be as successful as I am,” he said. The girls recently partnered with the Long Beach Big Red Bus on a food drive to help feed the homeless. For more information on the partnership and the business, call 562/342-4444. (Photograph by the Business Journal’s Thomas McConville).

{addthis off}