April 9, 2013 – Belmont Shore welcomed Laurenly into its new location at 4900 E. 2nd St. on March 16. This is a second Laurenly location; the first shop opened in Orange in June 2010. “It’s something I always wanted to do,” owner Lauren Miller (pictured) said of opening a clothing and accessory boutique. Miller, who has worked in retail her entire life, earned a bachelor’s degree in public relations and advertising from Chapman University before moving to New York to study fashion. “When I moved back from New York [in 2009] I decided it was the right time to open the shop,” Miller said. Her new Long Beach store is double the size of her Orange store at approximately 800 square feet. “I was born in Long Beach and I love Belmont Shore,” Miller said. “I love how the community is so supportive and close-knit.” The boutique features women’s clothing, purses, shoes, accessories and hand-made, customized jewelry. Clothing brands carried by Laurenly include TOMS, Audrey, Wildfox, Alternative, Free People, Collective Concepts, Eighty Six and more. An online store is coming soon. Open at 10 a.m. seven days a week. For more information, call 562/343-7467 or visit www.laurenly.net. (Photograph by the Business Journal’s Thomas McConville)

{addthis off}