Tom Modica

October 8, 2013 – Long Beach City Manager Patrick West, right, announced last week that Tom Modica,left, has been promoted to deputy city manager. Modica, an 11-year employee of the city, has been serving as the director of government affairs and strategic initiatives in the city manager’s office. “During his tenure with the city, Tom Modica has demonstrated exceptional leadership and organizational skills, both in daily operations and special initiatives, while working closely with elected officials,” West said in a statement. In his new position, Modica oversees external affairs, government affairs, communications and regional initiatives such as water quality and regional planning. He also assists the city manager and assistant city manager with department projects. Modica has worked on several city initiatives, such as ocean water quality, overseeing $120 million in stimulus funds and the dissolution of the Long Beach Redevelopment Agency. In a statement to the Business Journal, Modica wrote, “I love Long Beach, and I’m honored to be able to help continue the city’s great progress in any way I can.” (Photograph by the Business Journal’s Thomas McConville)

{addthis off}