READ IT NOW - MORE NEWS, MORE OFTEN
The 2012 Aquatics Capital Awards Honor Long Beach Residents
By Kendra Ablaza, Staff Writer
January 18, 2013 - The Long Beach Aquatic Capital of America Foundation presents its 2012 Aquatic Capital Awards on January 22 to Misty May-Treanor, Lauren Wenger and other city residents with aquatics achievements.
This year’s honorees are:
Other Long Beach residents receiving achievement awards are U.S. Sailing Center Long Beach Executive Director Mike Segerblom, U.S. Paralympian Ron Harvey (Rowing), Two-time Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) champion Brandon Loschiavo, California Surf Life Saving Association (CSLSA) Junior Lifeguard of the year Hannah Levy and Olympic Gold Medalist swimmer Jessica Hardy.
The Aquatic Capital of America Foundation was established to communicate and promote Long Beach as a premiere aquatic destination for business, education and sports. According to Tom Shadden, president of Aquatic Capital of America Foundation, honorees are selected for their positive efforts in further achieving that goal.
The Latest News
- UPDATED: $85 Million Increase To Middle Harbor Budget Approved
- Covered California To Provide Online Enrollment For Small Group Health Insurance
- Markets Remain On Slow Growth Trajectory As Pockets Of The Economy Gain Strength
- New Ordinance To Lay Groundwork For Adaptive Reuse Projects In Long Beach
- Port Of Long Beach’s Engineering Bureau Examined By Consulting Firm, May Be Restructured
- Banks Reposition Brick-And-Mortar Retail Strategy As Mobile, Online Usage Increases
- Labor Ordinances To Be Drafted For Airport And Convention Center