Home News Carnival Cruise Lines further suspends sailings until Sept. 30

Carnival Cruise Lines further suspends sailings until Sept. 30

On Monday, Florida-based Carnival Cruise Lines announced that it will extend the suspensions of its cruises, including all sailings normally departing from Long Beach, until the end of September. 

Carnival initially announced a voluntary 30-day pause in operations on March 13. This recent announcement marks the third extension of that pause.

“During this unprecedented pause in our business, we have continued to assess the operating environment and confer with public health, government and industry officials,” Carnival Cruise Line President Christine Duffy told booked guests and travel agents in a letter sent today. 

“We apologize for disrupting your vacation plans and appreciate your patience as we work through these decisions,” Duffy added.

In its decision to suspend sailings until the end of September, Carnival has gone beyond the voluntary suspension of cruise operations announced by Cruise Lines International Association announced last week. The association suggested its members, including Carnival, would suspend cruises until Sept. 15.

“Although we are confident that future cruises will be healthy and safe, and will fully reflect the latest protective measures, we also feel that it is appropriate to err on the side of caution to help ensure the best interests of our passengers and crewmembers,” the industry association said in a statement last week. 

A No Sail Order issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is set to expire on July 24.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here